Happy Holidays from Muskrat Watershed Council
The holidays… regardless of what you celebrate, this season is a time to reflect on the year past, a time to look ahead to the future, and a time to reflect on what matters most to us.
The Muskrat Watershed Council met last week and reflected on what we have accomplished, and what is most important to us.
We are delighted to share with you our Christmas Wish List for 2022.
1. We wish that everyone in the town of Cobden would know the urgency needed to improve our watershed and take action to protect their lake health.
2. We wish that all cottage septic systems are properly inspected and kept up to date.
3. We wish all waterfront residents had a buffer of natural vegetation along the lake’s edge.
4. We wish that all boats visiting the lake are properly washed to ensure no introduction of invasive species.
5. We wish that the Cobden marsh will be restored and rehabilitated within the next year
6. We wish for more success with the new aerators and continue to improve the water quality at the Cobden Beach (and inspire others to do the same on their property)
7. We wish that all livestock would never need to go into the river or lake for water or crossing.
8. We wish we could eliminate blue green algae and its impact on our water.
9. We wish that more cottagers and town residents would purchase MWC memberships and join the group. With more engaged members we can grow community awareness and involvement with the Watershed and Lake Associations.
10. Most importantly… We wish for clean and healthy water for all living things that depend on the Muskrat Watershed now and in the future.
From all of us at the Muskrat Watershed Council, we wish you and yours a very safe and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and all the best for a prosperous (& environmentally friendly) New Year!
Note that the MWC is actively recruiting volunteers to do even more big impact initiatives. If you would like to attend one of our meetings or to find out more, please contact us at: